The annual Gift & Life Instyle Awards (GALA) is a night of celebration and recognition of the creative excellence of our vibrant and innovative industry. Held on Saturday evening of Life Instyle & Reed Gift Fair Sydney February events, this prestigious awards program is an opportunity for us to shine a spotlight on the exceptional talent and achievements within our community and congratulate our peers on their hard work and determination shown throughout the retail year.
NEW in 2017 we welcomed an awards program for Retailers. The awards now include 23 categories across varied key product areas, specialty products, talent categories and Retail awards including Retailer of the Year, Best Online Retailer and more. The awards recognise those individuals and businesses plus their outstanding commitment to the industry.
The 2017 GALA Dinner and announcement of the winners was be held on Saturday 18 February 2017 in the Grand Ballroom at ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour.
Watch this space for 2018 entry information.
Who entered in 2017?
Retailers – Gift & Homewares retailers from around Australia and New Zealand with either a physical store or online store who have been operating in 2016.
Exhibitors - Any 2016 exhibitors of Reed Gift Fairs and Life Instyle who launched new products in the awards period 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2016 and had not been entered into the awards before.
All winners received:
- Digital GALA winner badge to be used on social media, websites and newsletters
- Finalist certificate for their exhibition stand / retail store
- Reed Gift Fair & Life Instyle finalists showcase at Sydney February Fair 2017
- A prestigious award presented at the GALA Dinner
- Melbourne August Handbook/Big Book 2017
- Dedicated GALA EDM
- Winners gallery on GALA website for 12 months
- Australian Gift Guide
- Social Media throughout the GALA evening
- Event blog
- Promotion via the Reed Gift Fairs and Life Instyle Community (finalists pre-event, winners continued promotion post event)
- Social Media
- Media exposure post announcement, as well as, the benefits of extended publicity and marketing support throughout the year.
- 1 finalist from Retailer of the Year was selected by Australian Gift Guide (AGG) to represent Australia at the Global Innovation Awards, honouring the housewares retail excellence (GIA) in Chicago in 2017.
- Best Online Retailer winner will receive 2 x conference passes to attend the Online Retailer Expo & Conference Sydney in 2017. Valued at $3000.